How do I find top 10 records in SQL?
The SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax: SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- MySQL Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- Oracle 12 Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- Older Oracle Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) …
- Older Oracle Syntax (with ORDER BY): SELECT *
How do I display 10 records in SQL?
To select first 10 elements from a database using SQL ORDER BY clause with LIMIT 10. Insert some records in the table using insert command. Display all records from the table using select statement. Here is the alternate query to select first 10 elements.
How do I select the last 5 rows in SQL?
METHOD 1 : Using LIMIT clause in descending order
As we know that LIMIT clause gives the no. of specified rows from specifies row. We will retrieve last 5 rows in descending order using LIMIT and ORDER BY clauses and finally make the resultant rows ascending.
How do I find recent records in SQL?
But there are ways to get the last record in MySql, SQL Server, Oracle etc. databases.
- SELECT column_name FROM table_name.
- ORDER BY column_name DESC.
- WHERE ROWNUM <=1;
How do I get last 3 records in SQL?
SELECT * FROM (select * from suppliers ORDER BY supplier_name DESC) suppliers2 WHERE rownum <= 3 ORDER BY rownum DESC; Notice that although you want the last 3 records sorted by supplier_name in ascending order, you actually sort the supplier_name in descending order in this solution.
How do I get top 10 records in SQL Developer?
Returning TOP N Records
- Microsoft SQL Server SELECT TOP 10 column FROM table.
- PostgreSQL and MySQL SELECT column FROM table LIMIT 10.
- Oracle SELECT column FROM table WHERE ROWNUM <= 10.
- Sybase SET rowcount 10 SELECT column FROM table.
- Firebird SELECT FIRST 10 column FROM table.
How do I find Top 5 records in SQL?
SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax. SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name;
- MySQL Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. LIMIT number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons. LIMIT 5;
- Oracle Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. WHERE ROWNUM <= number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons.
How do I get the first 10 rows in SQL?
The ANSI SQL answer is FETCH FIRST . If you want ties to be included, do FETCH FIRST 10 ROWS WITH TIES instead. To skip a specified number of rows, use OFFSET , e.g. Will skip the first 20 rows, and then fetch 10 rows.
What is offset in SQL query?
SQL | OFFSET-FETCH Clause
- The OFFSET argument is used to identify the starting point to return rows from a result set. Basically, it exclude the first set of records. Note:
- The FETCH argument is used to return a set of number of rows. FETCH can’t be used itself, it is used in conjuction with OFFSET. Syntax:
How do I get last two records in SQL?
To select last two rows, use ORDER BY DESC LIMIT 2.
How do I count the number of rows in SQL without counting?
Count Rows of a table Without using Count() Function
- SELECT so.[name] as.
- , CASE WHEN si. indid between 1 and 254.
- THEN si.[name] ELSE NULL END.
- AS [Index Name]
- , si. indid, rows.
- FROM sys. sysindexes si.
- INNER JOIN sysobjects so.
- ON si. id = so. id.
How do you remove duplicate records in SQL?
HAVING COUNT(*) > 1;
- In the output above, we have two duplicate records with ID 1 and 3. …
- To remove this data, replace the first Select with the SQL delete statement as per the following query. …
- SQL delete duplicate Rows using Common Table Expressions (CTE) …
- We can remove the duplicate rows using the following CTE.
How do you find all employees with its managers?
In order to find all employees whose salary is greater than their manager, we first need to find employees who are a manager then we compare their salary to find out all employees who earn more than their manager. To find out managers, we create two instances of Employee table e1 and e2 and compare e1.