What is repeat SQL?
The REPEAT statement defines a set of statements to be executed until a condition that is evaluated at the end of the REPEAT loop is true. With a WHILE statement, the loop is not entered if the while-loop-condition is false at 1st pass. …
How do you repeat a string in SQL?
MySQL REPEAT() Function
- Repeat a string 3 times: SELECT REPEAT(“SQL Tutorial”, 3); Try it Yourself »
- Repeat the text in CustomerName 2 times: SELECT REPEAT(CustomerName, 2) FROM Customers; Try it Yourself »
- Repeat the string 0 times: SELECT REPEAT(“SQL Tutorial”, 0); Try it Yourself »
How do I run a query in a for loop?
Running a Query Inside the Loop
- WHILE @Counter <= @MaxOscars.
- SET @NumFilms =
- SELECT COUNT(*)
- FROM tblFilm.
- WHERE FilmOscarWins = @Counter.
- SET @Counter += 1.
Which MySQL statement used to repeat a set of SQL statements as long as some condition is true?
The MySQL LOOP statement is used to repeat a set of SQL statements as long as some condition is true. The MySQL END statement is used to complete the basic SQL block structure.
How do you repeat rows in SQL query?
SQL Repeat Rows N Times According to Column Value
- CREATE TABLE RepeatRows ( Id int identity(1,1), …
- SELECT * — Id, RepeatText, RepeatCount. FROM RepeatRows r. …
- CREATE TABLE Exams ( Id int identity(1,1), …
- CREATE TABLE ExamScores ( Id int identity(1,1), …
- INSERT INTO ExamScores (ExamId, ExamDate) SELECT Id, ExamDate.
How do you repeat in MySQL?
MySQL: REPEAT Function
- Description. The MySQL REPEAT function repeats a string a specified number of times.
- Syntax. The syntax for the REPEAT function in MySQL is: REPEAT( string, number ) …
- Note. If number is less than 1, the REPEAT function will return an empty string.
- Applies To. …
How do you not repeat in SQL?
The go to solution for removing duplicate rows from your result sets is to include the distinct keyword in your select statement. It tells the query engine to remove duplicates to produce a result set in which every row is unique. The group by clause can also be used to remove duplicates.
What is Crossjoin?
A cross join is a type of join that returns the Cartesian product of rows from the tables in the join. In other words, it combines each row from the first table with each row from the second table. This article demonstrates, with a practical example, how to do a cross join in Power Query.
What does := mean in MySQL?
Description. := Assign a value. = Assign a value (as part of a SET statement, or as part of the SET clause in an UPDATE statement)
Can you do a for loop in SQL?
In SQL Server, there is no FOR LOOP. However, you simulate the FOR LOOP using the WHILE LOOP.
Can we use for loop in SQL?
There is no FOR in SQL, But you can use WHILE or GOTO to achieve the way how the FOR will work. I always prefer WHILE over GOTO statement. For loop is not officially supported yet by SQL server.
Can we write loop in SQL query?
SQL WHILE loop provides us with the advantage to execute the SQL statement(s) repeatedly until the specified condition result turn out to be false. If the result of the condition is true, the SQL statement will be executed. … Otherwise, the code flow will exit the loop.
What is difference between stored procedure and function?
The function must return a value but in Stored Procedure it is optional. Even a procedure can return zero or n values. Functions can have only input parameters for it whereas Procedures can have input or output parameters. Functions can be called from Procedure whereas Procedures cannot be called from a Function.
What triggers MySQL?
A trigger in MySQL is a set of SQL statements that reside in a system catalog. It is a special type of stored procedure that is invoked automatically in response to an event. Each trigger is associated with a table, which is activated on any DML statement such as INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE.