How do I enable PHP?
Configure Apache to Serve PHP Pages from a User Directory.
- Step 1: Edit the PHP configuration file. sudo gedit /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php5.conf. …
- Step 2: Save changes, and exit emacs. control-x, control-s.
- Step 3: Restart Apache, and you are done. sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart.
Do I need to install PHP?
No, if you installed a web server (e.g. Apache) on your computer it will not include PHP. You need to install it if you need it. There are apps such as WAMP and XAMPP that will install Apache, MySQL and PHP on your computer without any hassle.
How do I install PHP packages?
- Install the tool with apt-get and pecl: sudo apt-get update sudo ACCEPT_EULA=Y apt-get install -y msodbcsql17 mssql-tools unixodbc-dev sudo pecl install sqlsrv sudo pecl install pdo_sqlsrv.
- Edit the /opt/bitnami/php/etc/php.ini file and add the lines below to it: extension=sqlsrv.so extension=pdo_sqlsrv.so.
How do I know if PHP is installed?
Make sure the Web server is running, open a browser and type http://SERVER-IP/phptest.php. You should then see a screen showing detailed information about the PHP version you are using and installed modules.
What is PHP used for?
PHP is a server side scripting language that is embedded in HTML. It is used to manage dynamic content, databases, session tracking, even build entire e-commerce sites. It is integrated with a number of popular databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, and Microsoft SQL Server.
What should I install PHP with?
Once you’ve installed Docker Desktop on Windows 10, it’s easy to download, configure, and run Apache and PHP. Docker is currently considered the best option for setting up a PHP development environment.
What is required to run PHP?
To run PHP for the web, you need to install a Web Server like Apache and you also need a database server like MySQL. There are various web servers for running PHP programs like WAMP & XAMPP. WAMP server is supported in windows and XAMP is supported in both Windows and Linux.
Where do I install PHP?
Install PHP on Windows manually
You have to download zipped binary version of PHP from http://www.php.net/downloads.php. Extract the downloaded file to php folder which must be created at the root of any of your windows drives (e.g. c:php or d:php).
Does xampp install PHP?
XAMPP is an easy to install Apache distribution containing MariaDB, PHP and Perl. What did you think XAMPP was?
How do I open a PHP file in Chrome?
Step by step instructions:
- Download and install XAMPP – The installation is quite simple and straightforward. …
- Starting XAMPP – Once installed, you need to open the XAMPP Control Panel. …
- Create your PHP page. …
- Place the PHP file on the server. …
- Find the path to your PHP page in your Chrome browser.
How do I install PHP on Windows 10 IIS?
There are five basic steps to install PHP on a Windows 10 machine:
- Enable (if necessary) IIS on the machine, and IIS-CGI on the machine.
- Download and extract PHP to C:PHP.
- Configure the php.ini configuration file.
- Configure IIS to handle PHP page requests.
- Test everything.
How do I run a PHP script in Windows?
Next, let’s ensure that your PHP script can run normally from the command line.
- Start a command prompt (Start button > Run > cmd.exe)
- In the window that appears, type the full path to the PHP executable (php.exe) followed by the full path to the script you wish to run as a windows service.