How do I select a specific text in SQL?
Column and block text selection using SQL Server Management…
- Using SHIFT to Select Text. …
- Using SHIFT+ALT to Select Columns. …
- Using SHIFT+ALT to Select Columns and Insert Text. …
- Using CTRL+SHIFT+END to Select Text. …
- Using CTRL+SHIFT+HOME to Select Text. …
- Using CTRL+A to Select All Text.
How do I select a specific row in SQL?
To select rows using selection symbols for character or graphic data, use the LIKE keyword in a WHERE clause, and the underscore and percent sign as selection symbols. You can create multiple row conditions, and use the AND, OR, or IN keywords to connect the conditions.
How do I extract a string from a word in SQL?
Introduction to the SQL SUBSTRING function
- The source_string is the string from which you want to extract the substring.
- The position is the starting position where the substring begins. The first position of the string is one (1).
- The length is the length of the substring. The length argument is optional.
How do I find a specific word in a SQL database?
Select the Object search command:
- In the Search text field, enter the text that needs to be searched (e.g. a variable name)
- From the Database drop-down menu, select the database to search in.
- In the Objects drop-down list, select the object types to search in, or leave them all checked.
How do I get last three characters of a string in SQL?
SELECT *FROM yourTableName ORDER BY RIGHT(yourColumnName,3) yourSortingOrder; Just replace the ‘yourSortingOrder‘ to ASC or DESC to set the ascending or descending order respectively. Here is the query to order by last 3 chars.
How do I select multiple rows in SQL?
SELECT * FROM users WHERE ( id IN (1,2,..,n) ); or, if you wish to limit to a list of records between id 20 and id 40, then you can easily write: SELECT * FROM users WHERE ( ( id >= 20 ) AND ( id <= 40 ) ); I hope this gives a better understanding.
How do I have multiple rows in one row in SQL?
STUFF Function in SQL Server
- Create a database.
- Create 2 tables as in the following.
- Execute this SQL Query to get the student courseIds separated by a comma. USE StudentCourseDB. SELECT StudentID, CourseIDs=STUFF. ( ( SELECT DISTINCT ‘, ‘ + CAST(CourseID AS VARCHAR(MAX)) FROM StudentCourses t2.
How do I find top 5 rows in SQL?
SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax. SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name;
- MySQL Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. LIMIT number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons. LIMIT 5;
- Oracle Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. WHERE ROWNUM <= number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons.
How do I find a character in a string in SQL?
We use the SQL CHARINDEX function to find the position of a substring or expression in a given string. We might have a character in different positions of a string. SQL CHARINDEX returns the first position and ignores the rest of matching character positions in a string.
How do I split a string in SQL?
SQL Server 2016 introduced a new built-in table-valued function, STRING_SPLIT that splits the provided input string by a specified separation character and returns the output separated values in the form of table, with a row for each delimited value between each separator character.
What will be the SQL query to find the maximum salary for each department?
Notice that Smith and Tom belong to the Engg department and both have the same salary, which is the highest in the Engg department. Hence the query “SELECT DeptID, MAX(Salary) FROM EmpDetails GROUP BY DeptID” will not work since MAX() returns a single value.
How do I find a specific table in SQL?
Using the Information Schema
- SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. TABLES.
- SELECT TABLE_NAME, COLUMN_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. COLUMNS.
- SELECT COLUMN_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. COLUMNS WHERE TABLE_NAME = ‘Album’
- IF EXISTS( SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. …
- IF EXISTS( SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.
How do I list all tables in SQL?
Then issue one of the following SQL statement:
- Show all tables owned by the current user: SELECT table_name FROM user_tables;
- Show all tables in the current database: SELECT table_name FROM dba_tables;
- Show all tables that are accessible by the current user:
How do I find a column in all tables in SQL?
Use this Query to search Tables & Views:
- SELECT COL_NAME AS ‘Column_Name’, TAB_NAME AS ‘Table_Name’
- FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS.
- WHERE COL_NAME LIKE ‘%MyName%’
- ORDER BY Table_Name, Column_Name;