How do I find the start date of a financial year in SQL?
Get Current Financial Year Using SQL Query
- DECLARE @FIYear VARCHAR(20)
- SELECT @FIYear = (CASE WHEN (MONTH(GETDATE()))
- ELSE convert(varchar(4),YEAR(GETDATE()))+ ‘-‘ + convert(varchar(4),(YEAR(GETDATE())%100)+1)END)
How do I get the first day of a year in SQL?
Here’s a fairly simple way; SELECT DATEFROMPARTS(YEAR(GETDATE()), 1, 1) AS ‘First Day of Current Year’; SELECT DATEFROMPARTS(YEAR(GETDATE()), 12, 31) AS ‘End of Current Year’; It’s not sexy, but it works.
How get first day of next month in SQL Server?
Let’s understand the method to get first day of current month, we can fetch day component from the date (e.g. @mydate) using DATEPART and subtract this day component to get last day of previous month. Add one day to get first day of current month.
How do you find the current financial year?
For instance, if your financial year is from 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021, then it is known as FY 2020-21. The assessment year for the money earned during this period would begin after the financial year ends – that is from 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022. Hence, the assessment year would be AY 2022-22.
How can I calculate start date and end date in SQL?
Full query for week start date & week end date
- SELECT DATEADD(DAY, 2 – DATEPART(WEEKDAY, GETDATE()), CAST(GETDATE() AS DATE)) [Week_Start_Date],
- DATEADD(DAY, 8 – DATEPART(WEEKDAY, GETDATE()), CAST(GETDATE() AS DATE)) [Week_End_Date]
How do I get current date in SQL?
To get the current date and time in SQL Server, use the GETDATE() function. This function returns a datetime data type; in other words, it contains both the date and the time, e.g. 2019-08-20 10:22:34 . (Note: This function doesn’t take any arguments, so you don’t have to put anything in the brackets.)
How do I get the current year in SQL?
Just run these SQL queries one by one to get the specific element of your current date/time:
- Current year: SELECT date_part(‘year’, (SELECT current_timestamp));
- Current month: SELECT date_part(‘month’, (SELECT current_timestamp));
- Current day: SELECT date_part(‘day’, (SELECT current_timestamp));
How do you determine the first day of year?
Let us take 1st January 2008(leap year) as another example.
- Take the last 2 digits of the year. …
- Divide it by 4 and discard any remainder. …
- Add the day of the month. …
- The month in our example is January, which has the key value of 1. …
- Since the date is in January of a leap year, subtract 1 from step 4 i.e. 04 – 01 = 03.
How do I get next month in SQL?
To get Next Month Date, pass the MONTH datepart to the DATEADD function followed by the number of months we want to add followed by the given date which is the registration date (RegDate) in our case.
How can I get next month end date in SQL?
Syntax : = EOMONTH(start_date, months)
EOMONTH takes 2 parameters, first as StartDate and next as month travels from that start date, and then outputs the last day of that month. If we set parameter months as 0, then EOMONTH will output the last day of the month in which StartDate falls.
How do I get the current month end in SQL?
The EOMONTH() function returns the last day of the month of a specified date, with an optional offset. The EOMONTH() function accepts two arguments: start_date is a date expression that evaluates to a date. The EOMONTH() function returns the last day of the month for this date.
How do you close a financial year in SQL?
SQL can no need perform year end, it will auto doing cut off. Once account closed, if you wish to block the period to avoid your users changed the account figure, you may do this setting. Date that sets between allowed transaction date are ALLOWING the document to be edited in between the dates.
How do I get just the year from a date in SQL?
You can use year() function in sql to get the year from the specified date. Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type datetime.