How do I find suspect pages in SQL Server?
Using SQL Server Management Studio
In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of the SQL Server Database Engine, expand that instance, and then expand Databases. Expand System Databases, expand msdb, expand Tables, and then expand System Tables. Expand dbo. suspect_pages and right-click Edit Top 200 Rows.
How do I fix SQL suspect?
Steps to Fix the SQL Server Database Suspect Mode Error
- Step 1: Bring Database Online in EMERGENCY MODE.
- Step 2: Perform Consistency Check Using DBCC Command DBCC CHECKDB.
- Step 3: Bring the Database in SINGLE_USER Mode to ROLLBACK TRANSACTION.
- Step 4: Take a Full Backup of the User Database which was marked Suspect Before.
What is a suspect page?
Contains one row per page that failed with a minor 823 error or an 824 error. Pages are listed in this table because they are suspected of being bad, but they might actually be fine. When a suspect page is repaired, its status is updated in the event_type column.
How do I fix page level corruption in SQL Server?
Fixing SQL Database Page-Level Corruption
- Use a text comparison tool to check the differences between the original file and the corrupted file.
- On the corrupted file, run the DBCC CHECKDB command. …
- To examine the contents of the infected page, run the DBCC PAGE command.
What is allocation error in SQL Server?
allocation errors have to do with errors in the way that pages are linked to objects, consistency errors have to do with the structure of a page) Do you have a clean backup (a backup taken before the corruption occurred)?
Why SQL database is in suspect mode?
The main reason why the database goes into suspect mode is because the primary file group has been damaged and the database cannot be recovered during the startup of the SQL Server. Also, the database can get in the SUSPECT state for multiple other reasons, which can include: … a damaged LOG file or a damaged MDF file.
What is emergency mode in SQL Server?
Emergency mode is a state introduced for SQL Server to deal with corrupt databases, specially the ones in suspect mode. When the SQL Server database is in suspect mode, the emergency mode helps to deal with the database. If the transaction log is corrupt, it is the best practice to set database to emergency mode.
How do I restore a page in SQL Server?
To restore pages
- Connect to the appropriate instance of the SQL Server Database Engine, in Object Explorer, click the server name to expand the server tree.
- Expand Databases. …
- Right-click the database, point to Tasks, point to Restore, and then click Page, which opens the Restore Page dialog box.
What is online index in SQL Server?
The ONLINE option allows concurrent user access to the underlying table or clustered index data and any associated nonclustered indexes during these index operations. For example, while a clustered index is being rebuilt by one user, that user and others can continue to update and query the underlying data.
What is a database page?
A database page is an 8 KB chunk of data. When you insert any data into a SQL Server database, it saves the data to a series of 8 KB pages inside the data file. If multiple data files exist within a filegroup, SQL Server allocates pages to all data files based on a round-robin mechanism.