How do I check my SQL database consistency?
Automate consistency checks of SQL database using Windows Task Scheduler
- Executes the DBCC CHECKTABLE on every table and view.
- Executes the DBCC CHECKCATALOG on the databases.
- Executes the DBCC CHECKALLOC on the databases.
- Validates the service broker data.
- Validates the content of indexed views.
How can I see views in SQL Server?
Get view properties by using Object Explorer
- In Object Explorer, select the plus sign next to the database that contains the view to which you want to view the properties, and then click the plus sign to expand the Views folder.
- Right-click the view of which you want to view the properties and select Properties.
How do I search for a like in SQL?
The LIKE command is used in a WHERE clause to search for a specified pattern in a column. You can use two wildcards with LIKE : % – Represents zero, one, or multiple characters. _ – Represents a single character (MS Access uses a question mark (?)
How do you check a database?
How to Test the Database (Step-by-step Process)
- Step #1) Prepare the environment.
- Step #2) Run a test.
- Step #3) Check test result.
- Step #4) Validate according to the expected results.
- Step #5) Report the findings to the respective stakeholders.
How do I get a list of SPS in SQL Server?
Get list of Stored Procedure and Tables from Sql Server database
- For Tables: SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES.
- For Stored Procedure: Select [NAME] from sysobjects where type = ‘P’ and category = 0.
- For Views: Select [NAME] from sysobjects where type = ‘V’ and category = 0.
How do you check if a View already exists in SQL?
Using the following script, you can also check to exist of view “EmployeeView” in the database.
- IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys. objects WHERE object_id = OBJECT_ID(‘dbo.EmployeeView’) AND type = ‘V’)
- PRINT ‘View Exists’
How do I View a SQL database?
Using SQL Server Management Studio
- In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of the SQL Server Database Engine, and then expand that instance.
- Expand Databases, right-click the database to view, and then click Properties.
- In the Database Properties dialog box, select a page to view the corresponding information.
How do you find nulls in SQL?
How to Test for NULL Values?
- SELECT column_names. FROM table_name. WHERE column_name IS NULL;
- SELECT column_names. FROM table_name. WHERE column_name IS NOT NULL;
- Example. SELECT CustomerName, ContactName, Address. FROM Customers. WHERE Address IS NULL; …
- Example. SELECT CustomerName, ContactName, Address. FROM Customers.
Which SQL keyword is used to retrieve a maximum value?
MAX() is the SQL keyword is used to retrieve the maximum value in the selected column.
How use like and not like in SQL?
The SQL LIKE and NOT LIKE operators are used to find matches between a string and a given pattern.
The SQL LIKE and the Wildcards
- The FirstName must start with the letter “T”,
- The third letter of FirstName must be “m”, and.
- The second letter FirstName can be anything.
What is not like SQL query?
The NOT LIKE operator in SQL is used on a column which is of type varchar . Usually, it is used with % which is used to represent any string value, including the null character . The string we pass on to this operator is not case-sensitive.
How use contains in SQL query?
Basic Usage and Syntax
For Microsoft SQL Server, CONTAINS() allows for a full text pattern match SQL search queries on your table. It returns a boolean value that indicates whether the function is truthy or falsy. SELECT