How can an employee get maximum salary in SQL?
Try using this SQL SELECT statement: SELECT * FROM employees WHERE department_id=30 AND salary = (SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employees WHERE department_id=30); This will return the employee information for only the employee in department 30 that has the highest salary.
How can I get top 3 salary in SQL?
To Find the Third Highest Salary Using a Sub-Query,
- SELECT TOP 1 SALARY.
- FROM (
- SELECT DISTINCT TOP 3 SALARY.
- FROM tbl_Employees.
- ORDER BY SALARY DESC.
- ) RESULT.
- ORDER BY SALARY.
How can I get top 2 salary in SQL?
select *from employee group by salary order by salary desc limit 1,1; There are other ways : SELECT name, MAX(salary) AS salary FROM employee WHERE salary IN (SELECT salary FROM employee MINUS SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employee);
How can I get max 5 salary in SQL?
- SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employee; …
- SELECT MAX(slary), dept_id from employee group by dept_id; …
- select distinct salary from employee order by salary desc limit 5; …
- select distinct salary, dept_id from employee order by salary desc limit 5;
How do I get the highest value in 3 columns in SQL?
To get the maximum value from three different columns, use the GREATEST() function. Insert some records in the table using insert command. Display all records from the table using select statement.
How do I get top 5 rows in SQL?
SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax. SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name;
- MySQL Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. LIMIT number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons. LIMIT 5;
- Oracle Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. WHERE ROWNUM <= number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons.
How do I select the top 3 rows in SQL?
The SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax: SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- MySQL Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- Oracle 12 Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- Older Oracle Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) …
- Older Oracle Syntax (with ORDER BY): SELECT *
How can I get highest salary in department wise?
Notice that Smith and Tom belong to the Engg department and both have the same salary, which is the highest in the Engg department. Hence the query “SELECT DeptID, MAX(Salary) FROM EmpDetails GROUP BY DeptID” will not work since MAX() returns a single value.
What is SQL limit?
The SQL LIMIT statement restricts how many rows a query returns. A LIMIT statement appears at the end of a query, after any ORDER BY statements. You can start a LIMIT statement at a particular row using the offset argument.
How do you get your top 3 salaries from each department?
Salary AS Salary FROM Employee E INNER JOIN Department D ON E. DepartmentId = D.Id WHERE (SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT(Salary)) FROM Employee WHERE DepartmentId = E. DepartmentId AND Salary > E. Salary) < 3 ORDER by E.
How do you find the minimum and maximum salary in SQL?
SELECT name,salary FROM employee where salary = (select max(salary) from employee); And to find out the minimum salary along with employee name I have written this query: SELECT name,salary FROM employee where salary = (select min(salary) from employee);
How do I use Rownum in SQL?
You can use ROWNUM to limit the number of rows returned by a query, as in this example: SELECT * FROM employees WHERE ROWNUM < 10; If an ORDER BY clause follows ROWNUM in the same query, then the rows will be reordered by the ORDER BY clause. The results can vary depending on the way the rows are accessed.