How do you select the top 2 maximum value in SQL?
SELECT MAX (column_name) FROM table_name WHERE column_name NOT IN (SELECT Max (column_name) FROM table_name); First we selected the max from that column in the table then we searched for the max value again in that column with excluding the max value which has already been found, so it results in the 2nd maximum value.
How do I select top 1 from each group in SQL Server?
[InventoryAllocations] ORDER BY ROW_NUMBER() OVER(PARTITION BY DocumentID ORDER BY [RecordTimeStamp] DESC); TOP 1 works with WITH TIES here. WITH TIES means that when ORDER BY = 1 , then SELECT takes this record (because of TOP 1 ) and all others that have ORDER BY = 1 (because of WITH TIES ).
How does top works in SQL?
Limits the rows returned in a query result set to a specified number of rows or percentage of rows in SQL Server. When you use TOP with the ORDER BY clause, the result set is limited to the first N number of ordered rows. Otherwise, TOP returns the first N number of rows in an undefined order.
How do I select top 10 records in SQL Server?
Example – Using TOP PERCENT keyword
SELECT TOP(10) PERCENT employee_id, last_name, first_name FROM employees WHERE last_name = ‘Anderson’ ORDER BY employee_id; This SQL Server SELECT TOP example would select the first 10% of the records from the full result set.
How do I get last 10 rows in SQL?
The following is the syntax to get the last 10 records from the table. Here, we have used LIMIT clause. SELECT * FROM ( SELECT * FROM yourTableName ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 10 )Var1 ORDER BY id ASC; Let us now implement the above query.
How do I have multiple rows in one row in SQL?
STUFF Function in SQL Server
- Create a database.
- Create 2 tables as in the following.
- Execute this SQL Query to get the student courseIds separated by a comma. USE StudentCourseDB. SELECT StudentID, CourseIDs=STUFF. ( ( SELECT DISTINCT ‘, ‘ + CAST(CourseID AS VARCHAR(MAX)) FROM StudentCourses t2.
How do I get the highest value in 3 columns in SQL?
To get the maximum value from three different columns, use the GREATEST() function. Insert some records in the table using insert command. Display all records from the table using select statement.
How do I select the first row in a group?
First, you need to write a CTE in which you assign a number to each row within each group. To do that, you can use the ROW_NUMBER() function. In OVER() , you specify the groups into which the rows should be divided ( PARTITION BY ) and the order in which the numbers should be assigned to the rows ( ORDER BY ).
How do I select the top 1st row in SQL?
SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax. SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name;
- MySQL Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. LIMIT number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons. LIMIT 5;
- Oracle Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. WHERE ROWNUM <= number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons.
How can I get first 100 rows in SQL?
The SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax: SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- MySQL Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- Oracle 12 Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- Older Oracle Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) …
- Older Oracle Syntax (with ORDER BY): SELECT *
How do you select top 5 salary in SQL?
- SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employee; …
- SELECT MAX(slary), dept_id from employee group by dept_id; …
- select distinct salary from employee order by salary desc limit 5; …
- select distinct salary, dept_id from employee order by salary desc limit 5;
What is top keyword in SQL?
Description. The SQL SELECT TOP statement is used to retrieve records from one or more tables in a database and limit the number of records returned based on a fixed value or percentage. TIP: SELECT TOP is Microsoft’s proprietary version to limit your results and can be used in databases such as SQL Server and MSAccess …
How do I select the first 10 rows in SQL?
The ANSI SQL answer is FETCH FIRST . If you want ties to be included, do FETCH FIRST 10 ROWS WITH TIES instead. To skip a specified number of rows, use OFFSET , e.g. Will skip the first 20 rows, and then fetch 10 rows.
How do I get last 3 records in SQL?
SELECT * FROM (select * from suppliers ORDER BY supplier_name DESC) suppliers2 WHERE rownum <= 3 ORDER BY rownum DESC; Notice that although you want the last 3 records sorted by supplier_name in ascending order, you actually sort the supplier_name in descending order in this solution.
How do I select specific rows in SQL?
To select rows using selection symbols for character or graphic data, use the LIKE keyword in a WHERE clause, and the underscore and percent sign as selection symbols. You can create multiple row conditions, and use the AND, OR, or IN keywords to connect the conditions.